Coast to Coast Motors Official Blog
If your car is starting to feel a little worn down, don’t worry. There are a bunch of affordable ways to update the interior to make everything feel new again. Find our best tips for bringing that upscale feel back to your used or worn vehicle below.
[Read More: How To Wash Your Car Like a Pro]
5 Interior Updates to Make Your Used Car Feel New
- Add Rubber Floor Mats – When you have a used car with less than perfect carpeting, the best way to make things look fresh again is by getting custom-sized rubber floor mats. The custom sizing will help everything feel upscale and purposeful and the rubber material will ensure that all messes and spills will wipe away leaving no trace behind.
- Use Seat Covers – Like with the carpeting, the best way to make old and worn seats look like new is by covering them up. While you certainly don’t need to break the bank, we do suggest springing for the best quality you can afford here, because a good fit and nice materials will go a long way in making things feel upscale.
- Purchase Dashboard Covers – A dashboard with an outdated design or a large crack can become a big eyesore. There are dashboard trim kits available for purchase online that allow drivers to layer materials over their existing dashboard to cover any flaws.
- Update the Sound System – Perhaps the largest difference in new and used vehicles is the technology they offer. A used model that is only a few years old may already have an outdated sound system and display. Check with your local dealership to see what options are available for your specific model to upgrade your audio and display parts to bring things up-to-date.
- Replace the Center Console – One area in a vehicle that sees a lot of damage due to spills and crumbs is the center console. Even after a good cleaning, many center consoles can still appear a little worn. While replacing the entire center console can be a little difficult and expensive, some of the smaller parts on your console may be easily replaceable. Our favorite tip is to replace removable cup holders or add a plastic cup holder cover that slides right into your old one to spruce things up.
[Read More: Should I Change My Own Oil?]
Find Quality Used Cars in Houston, TX at Coast to Coast Motors
When it’s time to replace your worn-in ride, the team at Coast to Coast Motors in Houston, TX can help you find a quality used vehicle that fits your needs and your budget. Give us a call at 713-321-2793 or browse our online inventory to see which used models we currently have in stock.